The Salazon Story
In the summer of 2009, Salazon Chocolate Co.’s founders were on a backpacking trip to Utah. They’d brought along the usual snacks – energy bars, trail mixes, and, for this trip, some organic dark chocolate bars. As they sat around the campfire that night, it struck them that a simple, salted-dark chocolate bar would be the perfect energy food. The idea for Salazon (Spanish for ‘salted’) was born. After visiting organic cacao farms in the Dominican Republic and perfecting the recipe (every bar is hand sprinkled), they launched Salazon Chocolate Co., the first salted-chocolate-based brand on the market.
Salazon’s chocolate bars are made from 100% organic, Rainforest Alliance–certified beans in small batches in the USA, and hand-sprinkled with natural, solar-evaporated sea salt.
– Salazon Chocolate Co Team
- Story | Salazon Chocolate Co.
- Salazon Chocolate Co.
- Salazon Organic Dark Chocolate Bars | Salazon Chocolate Bars | Salazon Chocolate Co.
- Collections | Salazon Chocolate Co.
- Salt Chocolate – Fair Trade – Organic | Salazon | Salazon Chocolate Co.